Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Why am I keeping underwear that doesn't fit? and other good questions.

I was doing my laundry (which is not hard now that I don't have so many clothes out, but we will talk about that later) and as I was putting away my underwear I noticed that I had underwear I haven't touched all month so far. Maybe this topic  is TMI, but it's true.
 I got them out and upon further inspection it's because they were either too small, uncomfortable, or just plain worn out. I began to wonder to myself, "why is this still here?" and then I remembered. I never cleaned out my underwear drawer when I was dealing with all this other stuff. The thought never even crossed my mind. I did purge them today and found out that I have about two weeks worth (13-14 pairs) that I wear all the time (which sounds like a lot, but you women understand why!) and about 10 pairs to throw out... 10 pairs of underwear don't take up a lot of space, but they are yet another thing that adds to my stress level. I was constantly making a conscious effort to avoid half the drawer because I couldn't wear them. Now that all those excess pairs are gone I can close my eyes and pick any pair out and now that I can wear them, like them, and are comfortable in them. It's a small thing, but also helpful in my everyday life.

Besides underwear I have also noticed how much of these 33 pieces of clothes I do not wear or actually need. I have 33 pieces of clothes (as I have said in previous posts I didn't exactly follow the rules with project 333 and I didn't count accessories or shoes) and it still seems like too much. There are pieces I have not touched or rarely touched.









Remember these three cardigans?
I wear one of them. The thin grey one. I am not sure what I was thinking adding three of them to TN summer capsule wardrobe! If anyone knows please tell me. Also the striped, polka dot, and white tops hanging right beside those... yeah I don't wear them either. The striped one does not look very good on me, the polka dot one is too warm for a hot TN summer and the white one is silk and is hard to take care of.
I also don't wear my grey slacks. Again I wasn't considering the season very well. That will change with my next capsule. I have also decided that my next capsule will follow the Project 333 rules more closely!

What do I wear a lot?
My favorite grey and black t shirts
All my shorts (yeah all 5 of them)
My printed shell top from Chicos
My thin grey cardigan
My black crop pants
My black and green maxi dress

and that is about it. Above are all of my MUST HAVES.

So, if you are doing a capsule wardrobe or cleaning your clothes out, what has surprised you? What are your must haves? I would love to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment