Wednesday, January 27, 2016

How to Style a T-Shirt in a Capsule Wardrobe.

Hey Friends!

Today I wanted to address something that I am sure a lot of you may be wondering. Why does she have t-shirts in her capsule? I thought capsules were supposed to be classy, fashion forward, etc.

The answer is simple and three fold... I like them, they are comfortable, and they work well with my life style at the moment. I know t-shirts and especially graphic tees like the ones I have are what some people are trying to get away from in their wardrobes or what some might consider loungewear, but I ADORE t-shirts. I find them pretty versatile as well. Today I wanted to share with you a few ways that I have styled just one of the 6 or 7 different t-shirts in my capsule wardrobe. Please keep in mind that I am no style expert, but I think these look pretty good.

Here's an example:

This is one of my favorite t-shirts of all time. It's from a camp that I used to work at a few year ago. I love the vintage look of it. I adore the colors, and it's one of the few bright happy pieces in my wardrobe. I am totally cool just wearing it by itself with my favorite jeans (as pictured above). I feel great in just that outfit. However, I can (and usually do) add a couple of things to complete this look.

One of my favorite options is my grey flyaway. It tones down the yellow a bit and it makes me look more pulled together. I would probably also put in my pearl stud earrings (which if you have been following my blog, you know I wear ALL the time!) and braid my hair. Simple. Easy. Me.


I could also do my cream flyaway for lighter, almost more feminine feel. This one also adds a lot of texture to the outfit. Add pearl earrings, put my hair in a messy bun, and I am ready to go!


I could also pair it with my blazer for a more structured look. (I plan to take this is for tailoring soon, but I think you get the idea).

And finally... The last fun thing that I can add to it and put with any of the other looks as well....

My green scarf goes so well with this, and I didn't even realize it until I started playing around with stuff in my capsule for this blog. This also goes to show that you can have some bright fun pieces in a capsule and work them in many different ways :)

I hope you liked this post. Please let me know in the comments below if you did and suggestions you have for styling t-shirts in your capsules.

Love,
Sherayah

No comments:

Post a Comment