Friday, January 15, 2016

Why I will not be shopping this year.

Hey Friends!

I have decided that in 2016 I will not be shopping for clothes. I have more than I need. In fact, I will also be getting rid of some...I'll talk about my plans and process for that in a later post. Back to the topic of shopping. I don't shop for clothes a whole lot, but I do work in a clothing store and get discounts at quite a few lovely clothing stores because of it. It's really tempting to buy stuff, but I don't need it. The facts are I have been blessed with plenty and I need to use it. I have decided to challenge myself to not shop for clothes in 2016 and the rules are as follows:

I WILL
-avoid clothing stores as much as possible
-use the clothes that I already own in my capsules
-get rid of clothes I don't need
-give myself 3 "saves." If something that is a staple in my wardrobe (can't live without it) rips, wears out, or is otherwise put out of service, I am allowed to replace that item with a save. If I find for some reason I am missing an essential piece, I can use a save. I only get three though and that should be plenty.
-keep you all updated about how it's going


I WILL NOT
-buy new clothes (obviously)
-count underwear in this challenge or bras or socks. I know that at some point this year I will probably need some new ones and that is alright
-count jewelry. I always lose earrings, but I will also limit myself in that department.
-buy scarves, bags, or shoes either
-I am hesitant to say I will not buy shoes because I need some new boots, but I probably won't end up buying shoes either.

I am nervous about this challenge, but I am also excited. I think it will be a good experience. :)

Love,
Sherayah


1 comment:

  1. How awesome Sherayah! You have a great blog going. Keep us updated on how your 2016 no-buy goes! :)

    XO, Ashley

    ReplyDelete