Friday, January 15, 2016

Winter Capsule (Updated with pictures!)

Hey Friends!

I fell off the Capsule wardrobe wagon, but I am back! I have decided that I needed my life more simplified as a another semester in college is upon me. I loved the capsule wardrobe when I did it last time, but I didn't do it as well as I wanted to and fell into some temptation as well. I am back now with a renewed vigor and what I think is a winning wardrobe!

I have created a capsule for this semester!
The blue robe hanging on the side does not count.

Items in my current wardrobe

TOPS
7 T-shirts
-1 long sleeve t-shirt
-2 three quarter length sleeved shirts ( one blue stripes, the other one a graphic tee)
-4 regular graphic tees in varying colors

3 blouses
-1 black t-shirt type blouse
-1 pink, grey, and cream printed shell
-1 three quarter length sleeve black with white polka dots blouse

4 sweaters
-cream with grey a great polka dot sort of print
-navy chunky knit
-orange heather chunky knit
-olive green tunic (a favorite of mine)

6 pieces of outerwear
-my big grey MTSU winter coat
-my tan rain jacket
-my dark grey flyaway
- cream flyaway
-black structured cardigan
-navy thin casual jacket

DRESSES
2 dresses
-black with pink and grey floral print. It's a knit fabric and can be dressed up or down
-black with a white diamond print. It's woven and can also be dressed up or down
(I have leggings to go with these, but I am not counting them in my capsule. I am also not counting shoes)

BOTTOMS
3 pairs of jeans
-two boot cut-dark washes
-one skinny-medium wash

1 pair of camo pants (bought them on a whim and I am kind of in love with them...)

ACCESSORIES

4 Scarves
-grey with blue, green, and slivery polka dots (I am seeing a trend!)
-green scarf with fringe
-green, beige, and black checkered scarf with fringe ( a gift from my dad from when he went to germany last year!)
-a sparkly pink blush colored infinity scarf


2 bags ( I don't count my school backpack)
-a large green duffle type purse
-a large soft gold tote bag type purse

(I am not counting jewelry, but all i have that I wear on a regular basis are two pairs of earrings and two necklaces)

THAT'S IT!! 32 items total! I may add in my dark wash denim blazer and I am leaving room for 1-2 more pieces IF I NEED them.

WHAT I AM NOT COUNTING. I have chosen not to count shoes, jewelry, leggings (because I soley wear them with my dresses, pajamas, underwear, undershirts (camisoles, tank tops, etc.), my sweatshirts (I don't wear theses out as much as I do around the house, so I am not counting them), and my school bag. I know some people would count some of these things, but for me they are give ins.

I hope that anyone who may stumble across my little blog might draw some inspiration to start a capsule wardrobe.  It's really nice to wake up and not have to think about clothes, but still look presentable ESPECIALLY IN COLLEGE!

For my next post, I hope to write about how I am going to try not to buy any clothes or accessories in 2016. :)

Thanks for reading!
Love,
Sherayah

No comments:

Post a Comment